I've Changed My Mind

|

This week I will hopefully find out whether I will be given PhD funding for Exeter. I am still interested in doing a PhD, however, I want to change my proposal. My original plan was to examine the landscape and the ways in which it is dramatised through the backpacking state of mind. I have however, recently had a change of heart, from reading Calvino and doing this critical bibliography and have decided to revert back to what I was interested in originally; namely that of psychogeography. I'm writing this now because I don't want this week's decision to change the fact that I want to change my propsal. If I can't change it, I may have to just turn down the funding. This may seem quite rash, but I know for a fact I couldn't do something for 3 years that I wasn't interested in. I'd go mad.

As of 3am this morning, we finished principal photography at Kay house for Shields of Justice. For the last few weeks over the Easter hols I've been spending time on set, acting, lighting, filming, carrying, pretty much helping out in whatever way I can. I'm not alone, and this project has been shaped really by all the people who have committed themselves 100%, to help Ben & Tom achieve their dream. What I like about this film in particular is the freedom, the patience of Ben & Tom and their willingness to hear any idea no matter how small and insignificant it may seem. Part of the reason we were up so late, eating apples and werthers originals as well as the odd sachet of sugar, was because we all knew that we didn't just want this film to be good, we wanted it to be more. I've still got more to do on this project, and I look forward to it greatly.

0 comments: